Who we are
Our website address is: https://djkbeats.com/
Basic Lease Terms:
*THESE TERMS VARY DEPENDING ON THE PACKAGE YOU SELECT. PLEASE REVIEW THE CONTRACT THAT CAME WITH YOUR PURCHASE. NOTE THAT THIS IS A COPY OF OUR LEASE FOR THE BASIC MP3 LEASE AND THE GENERAL TERMS DO APPLY TO ALL PACKAGES UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED*
FROM: DJ KB EATS (“Producer”)
TO: %CLIENT_NAME% (“Artist”)
DATE OF AGREEMENT: %ORDER_DATE%
- In return for payment of the fee, Producer grants a non-exclusive license to the Artist to use the chosen musical work named “%BEAT_NAME%” (referred to here as “Beat”) to create one (1) new recording (“the Track”).
- The Artist shall have the right to commercially release the Track by any and all means, throughout the world, subject to these terms
- This license is for a term of one (1) year from the date of this agreement (“Term”). After the Term the license will automatically end and the Artist will be required to extend the term to by paying an additional fee or taking such other steps as required by the Producer. [or The term of this agreement shall be for life of copyright subject to the provisions of Para 3].
- 3.1 Further during the Term the Artist’s usage of the Beat shall be limited to the following limits (“Thresholds”)
- 3.11 two thousand five hundred (2500) for-profit downloads or physical sales of the Track. For the purpose of of calculating and the Threshold two hundred (200) streams of the Track via so-called subscription services shall count as one sale, and
- 3.1.2 unlimited free internet downloads for non-profit and non-commercial use.
- 3.1.3 one hundred (100) for-profit public performances of the Track with a maximum profit of one thousand ($1,000) US Dollars in compensation or ticket sales using the Track in the performances
- 3.1.4 unlimited non-profit public performances of the Track
- 3.1.5 one (1) music video for the Track
- 3.2 Once any of the limits have been reached then the Artist will be required to extend the licence by paying an additional fee or taking such other steps as required by the Producer.
- The Artist is not required to pay the Producer a royalty or any income from the Track.
However, despite this, the Artist agrees-that;-
- 4.1 the Producer shall have a fifty percent (50%) share of the publishing in the Track and shall receive publishing income directly from the applicable Collection Society.
- 4.1.1 The Artist agrees that he/she will register the Producer’s interest, on the Producer’s behalf, at the collection society in the Artist’s home territory to ensure that mechanical and performance royalties are collected throughout the world. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_copyright_collection_societies
- 4.1.2 The Artist shall use the Producer’s membership number and follow the directions contained in the email that shall be sent to the Artist by the Producer. [to be drafted separately]
- 4.1.3 The Producer and the Artist shall each administer their respective shares of the publishing in the Track. Any sync licences for the Track must be pre-approved by the Producer
- 4.2 the Producer shall have the right to receive neighboring rights income as a performer on the Track directly from the applicable Collection Society.
- 4.2.1 The Artist agrees that he/she will register the Producer’s interest on the Producer’s behalf with the collection society in the Artist’s home territory that that administers neighboring rights income throughout the world.
- 4.2.2 The Artist shall use the Producer’s membership number and follow the directions contained in the email that shall be sent to the Artist.
- The Producer warrants and represents the following:-
- 5.1 that they are the owner of the copyright in the Beat;
- 5.2 that he/she has the right to enter into this Agreement and to grant all the rights which he grant herein;
- 5.3 subject to the provisions of Para 9 below that the Beat does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- 5.4 that all necessary consents under law are granted to the Artist
- 5.5 that he/she waives any and all so called moral rights.
- 5.6 all necessary publishing licenses will be made available to the Artist in respect of the Track free of charge for use by the Artist in connection with monetized advertising and/or promotion of the Track
- The Artist warrants that and represents the following;-
- 6.1 that they have the right to enter this agreement
- 6.2 that the Track shall not infringe the rights of any third party
- 6.3 that they shall comply with all the obligations and limitations set out in this agreement
- The Artist agrees to ensure that the Producer is credit on the on the metadata and packaging or promotion of the Track as follows [Produced by DJ KB EATS]
- The Artist agrees to indemnify the Producer and hold him/her harmless from all claims, losses and expenses including reasonable legal fees arising out of or resulting from a claimed breach of the Artist’s warranties, representations and obligations in this agreement
- If in the description the Beat is stated to contain an uncleared sample then Artist agrees that they will take steps to obtain all clearances of the sample prior to release the of Track. The Artist shall also take steps to clear the publishing sample. The Artist shall indemnify the Producer from all losses and costs arising from any claims from third parties concerning the Artist’s failure to take the required steps.
- The Artist acknowledges that the Producer shall retain ownership of the copyright in master and the underlying composition the Beat and shall have the right to grant separate licenses thereof to other artists.
- The Artist acknowledges that the payment for this license is non refundable. If the Artist fails to comply with any obligation hereunder the Producer shall have the right on notice to the Artist to terminate this license and all rights shall revert to the Producer. Such termination shall render any further exploitation by the Artist as an actionable infringement of copyright.
- This rights granted to the Artist are not assignable or otherwise transferable
- This license constitutes the entire agreement between the parties
- This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the law of the Licensor’s resident country.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.